- Registration fees for NITOP 2020 are the same as the last conference, if paid by November 15, 2019.
- Registration fees not paid by November 15, 2019, will increase by $50.
- Past participants should note that no binder will be provided.Registration includes admission to all conference events, breakfasts and lunches, an evening buffet, and handouts submitted by invited speakers, which are provided online for reference during and after the conference. Special discounted fees are offered to members of the Association for Psychological Science, students, retirees, and early career teachers.
Space is limited. Register early!
- Registration is limited to 375 participants, so early registration is recommended.
- Registration is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Early registration will close either when we reach capacity or on December 15, 2019. If space is available, onsite registration will be available.
- If you register for the Institute and are then unable to attend, a full refund will be given if you notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm EST on December 1, 2019. No refunds will be given after this date.
- The Association for Psychological Science provides generous financial support of the Institute, which benefits all participants, and also encourages its members to attend and participate in the conference.
- APS regular members may register for $555 ($605 after November 15) and APS student affiliates for $375 ($425 after November 15) if the participant is employed half-time or less and copies of the student’s current student ID and Fall 2019 class schedule are submitted by email at the time of registration.
- APS reimburses the Institute for the remaining $30 of these registration fees so all student registration fees are $405 or $455, if all three criteria above are satisfied.
Retirees and Students
- Retired faculty members may register for $405 ($455 after November 15).
- Graduate and undergraduate students may register for $405 ($455 after November 15) if they are employed half time or less and if copies of a current student ID and a Fall 2019 class schedule are submitted by email at the time of registration.
Early Career Scholarships
- Participants who have been gainfully employed in teaching positions for fewer than three years (excluding any years of teaching during graduate school) may apply for a $100 reduction in the registration fee.
- To apply for a NITOP Early Career Scholarship, submit a one-page essay about what you see as the challenges and/or opportunities facing new teachers of psychology, along with a letter from your academic unit’s executive officer confirming that your teaching experience at all institutions totals less than three years.
- Email these materials to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified promptly of the outcome of the review. These scholarships will be available until registration reaches 375 participants, but to assure your place at this year’s Institute, please apply early.
- Companions whose professional affiliation is unrelated to psychology may register as guests for $355 if they wish to attend meals, breaks, and poster sessions.
- Companions of invited speakers whose professional affiliation is unrelated to psychology, who will not attend meals, breaks, or poster sessions, may obtain a one-session-only badge without charge to attend the speaker's session.
- Other guests must register for the conference to attend.
- Admission to all conference events
- Registration materials:
- Printed program that includes the abstracts of talks by invited speakers and the titles, authors, and presentation times for posters, participant idea exchange topics, and Teaching Slam and Demo Demo presentations.
- Online access during and after the conference to speakers’ handouts, to assist participants in implementing new techniques and teaching ideas in their own courses
- Meals and breaks:
- Breakfasts and lunches
- An evening buffet for participants and their companions and families
- Refreshments at poster sessions, coffee breaks, and social hours
|| Paid by 11/15//2019
|| Paid after 11/15/2019
|Retired Faculty Member
|APS Regular Member
|APS Student Affiliate
|Guest || $355|| $405|
The preliminary conference program includes several morning workshops on the first day, general and concurrent sessions, three poster sessions, three participant idea exchanges, book and software displays, and featured speakers who are well-known for their excellence in teaching psychology. The popular Teaching Slam and Demo Demo sessions include multiple presenters who provide specific teaching tips and demonstrations which you will be able to use immediately in teaching your psychology classes.